Layered Anti-Spam Defense
A new solution for a new threat
Dealing with spam has long comprised a major headache and a costly productivity drain—for both email users and administrators. Currently, the spam problem is becoming worse as the nature of spam takes a dramatic new twist. When spammer meets hacker—and you add global organized crime or even hostile nations into the mix—unwanted and unsolicited email moves from a serious nuisance to a serious security risk. What used to be considered an annoying way of selling cheap prescription drugs is now becoming a critical personal and corporate security threat, as evidenced by recent headlines regarding attacks on RSA, Lockheed and dozens of others. In fact, this new era of spam presents such a serious danger that Gartner states anti-spam solutions must deliver new technologies to catch the critical last .5 percent of spam.
A new generation of predictive protection
Abaca is the leader in next-generation email protection. The product of years of research, the Abaca® Cloud Email Prefilter™ service offers a major advance in anti-phishing, anti-spam and anti-malware. Unlike the existing solutions, it keeps you one step ahead of attackers by sidestepping older approaches such as volume-based reputation filters and signature-based content filters.
The result is predictive cloud protection that works where older systems fail—the critical last 1% of spam, which often contains targeted threats and other dangerous email from sophisticated and highly motivated spammers.
This unprecedented capability has been proven at one of the world’s largest email providers—Yahoo!—where it currently helps to catch more than 130 billion spam emails every month.
Eye in the sky—cloud-based system keeps spam away from your network:
The Abaca Cloud Email Prefilter detects malicious or unwanted email in the cloud—before it ever touches your network. You can deploy the Abaca service as part of a layered defense to augment your existing local email filter. As a prefilter you can choose to let the Abaca service block and eliminate 99.997% of spam in the cloud, which reduces your attack surface, lightens the load on your servers, and ensures a zero-day defense. You can also set the service to mark mail with a high probability of being spam, and then allow the local server to make the final determination. This approach allows you to take advantage of the next-generation Abaca anti-spam technology while preserving capabilities of your local filter, such as compliance or other features.
- Guaranteed 99% accurate: Whereas conventional email protection systems let through as much as 6% of spam, the Abaca Prefilter catches or tags almost every spam email—guaranteed. At the same time, it achieves 10 times fewer false positives than the leading competitor.
- No lost mail: The system intelligently pushes marginal emails—ones that may be legitimate—to the top of the user’s spam folder, and issues alerts to the user. Unlike conventional solutions that use blanket rules, it can also learn which types of mail users prefer to receive on an individual basis. Consequently, users can receive the bulk mailings that they prefer to receive from legitimate companies.
- Learns to stay ahead of attackers: Unlike conventional systems, which degrade over time, the patented Abaca ReceiverNet™ technology actually learns and becomes more accurate with every new user and every received email. The result is of this crowd-sourced approach is automatic zero-day protection.
- Set-and-forget: You can deploy the Abaca service right away. There is no hardware or software to install. It also reduces the on burden on IT resources, eliminating the need to configure rules or keep up with lists.
- Leverage your investment: You can add next-generation email protection as an extra layer of defense augumenting to your existing email gateway while preserving its additional email policies or other capabilities